10 reasons why you should be using video
Here’s an interesting stat for you: Video has a 400% higher engagement rate compared with static content. That’s quite staggering, isn’t it!? Though not completely surprising… Thanks to the way we now live our lives – phone in hand, head phones in and always on the move – there has never been a more pressing desire to receive information quickly and conveniently.
With this in mind, engaging with your audiences can be tricky, particularly when you’re dealing with nationality, age, location and not to mention different levels of understanding!
That’s where video comes in…
Be it for an internal communications project, launching a new service or even pitching for investment; here’s nine more interesting reasons why video has fast become so essential in 2014:
- Within 3 years 90% of all internet traffic will be video
- 60% of on-line videos are watched on YouTube/Google; 28% on Facebook
- A video is 50 times more likely than any other web property to appear on the front page of Google for a search query
- 32% of people who watch on-line videos do it because they actively want to find out about a product or service before purchasing
- 8% of people who watch a video to find out about a service/product will then always click on the brand website
- 10 minutes is the average amount of time people spend watching on-line videos in a single session
- 82% of tablet owners watch an on-line video on their device at least three times a week; 78% of iPhone owners do the same
- 56% of people who are on-line watch videos every day
- 51% of all on-line video consumption happens between 18:00 and 21:00
But we’re not just preaching. This short clip we produced explains just how an explanatory video could help HR and Communication managers engage with their employees within the workplace.
This is just one example though and if you’d like to know more, drop us a line. We’d love to hear from you!
Sources: Cisco; Entertainment Media Research Ltd.